Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In the Huunger Games, the arena which every tribute is forced to go into is always changing to make it. So there's always something different within it every time they describe Katniss or other characters fighting and surviving it. Since Katniss is always moving around and never staying in the same spot in the arena, she sees it from many different views. Here is a quote from the beginning of the games, "We're on a flat, open stretch of ground. A plain of hard-packed dirt. Behind the tributes across from me, I can see nothing, indicating either a steep downward slope or even a cliff. To my right lies a lake. To my left and back, sparse piney woods. This is where Haymitch would want me to go. Immeadiately" (Pg 148). For Katniss being good with a bow and arrow and being able to climb trees very well. Katniss is in a lot of luck compared to those who aren't. So she has a good chance of winning because she can shoot rabbits really well so she'll be able to have food. She can hide in trees because of her size so she can easily climb high up in trees where no one will notice her and she can shoot them from above or sleep where people can't get to her. Which is what this quote describes, "I pick my tree carefully. A willow, not terribly tall but set in a clump of other willows offering concealment in those long, flowing tresses. I climb up, sticking to the stronger branches close to the trunk, and find a sturdy fork for my bed" (Pg 156). These two quotes describe the advantages that Katniss has over the other tributes in the Hunger Games. So I can infer that Katniss has a great chance of winning of the Hunger Games because of her abilities and the area around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment