Popular Posts

Monday, September 9, 2013

As I've been reading the Hunger Games, one familiar theme has came up through out it and that is that you have to work for what you want. In district 12, the people have use the best of what they can find to their advantage. Everyone is always sick and injured and forced to work and if they don't, they can't support their families. When Gale asks her about a revolt, they would have to work really hard against a really advanced country to be able to work that off. Even in the Arena the only way people have one before, is by working hard to try and keep themselves going. And this can be an example for any of us doing anything, that we need to work hard and use everything we have to help us to be able to get what we want which is what we would be working for. If not there is not a point in trying to work for it. When Katniss and Peeta are in the arena, you can tell how hard Katniss uses whats around her to be able to survive and work for getting home, "I-- I-- we teamed up. Blew up the supplies. I tried to save her, I did. But he got there first. District One," I say. Maybe if he knows I helped Rue, he won't chose some slow, sadistic end for me" (Pg 287). This quote helps you imagine what Katniss was trying to do. She teamed up with Rue who was sneaky enough to help them blow up supplies to get one of them a step closer to going back home where they all want to be. And that's what they all try to do. Use what they got and work hard with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment